Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Art Star of the Week: Ann Hair


I met Ann Hair on an artists’ trip to Italy. Ten of us spent ten days painting in Tuscany. Ann was my roommate for our one day in Rome and we explored the city together, walking all seven hills by my guess! We had a lot of fun on that trip which set the tone for our working relationship. Ann is warm and friendly and a devoted globe-trotter. Here’s more about the engaging Ann Hair:

Star: What was your childhood ambition?
Ann Hair: To be an airline pilot.

Star: What is your fondest memory?
Ann Hair: Flying an airplane…I’ve never felt such freedom!

Star: If you could only have one guilty pleasure, what would it be?
Ann Hair: Traveling more.

Star: Where’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
Ann Hair: Tuscany.

Star: What’s your biggest challenge?
Ann Hair: Marketing my artwork…that’s why I have you!

Star: What do you think is the biggest enemy of creativity?
Ann Hair: Getting bogged down in everyday life…I’d rather just be painting

Star: If you were granted one wish, what would it be?
Ann Hair: To be thin without constantly dieting.

Star:
What’s the best advice you could give to a new artist?
Ann Hair: Never stop learning.

Star:
Complete this sentence: My life is…
Ann Hair:…full of family, friends and opportunities to grow as an artist.

Star: And this one? Art is…
Ann Hair: …such a large part of who I am. It’s never too far from the surface, bubbling and waiting to be expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment